Recipe by Topher
From fabulousfoods.com. Great recipe for impressing your friends not to mention absolutely tremendous tasting.
Top Review by Linda R.
I had searched for a fabulous cream puff filling fit a very long time, and finally found this one. I'm searching no more! These are outstanding. They are simply decadent, leaving you longing for more. Friends actually asked me to make these for their wedding! I did, and only switched out the strawberry jam for raspberry, due to an allergy. I also drizzled the tops with melted chocolate, and dusted them with powdered sugar. Delicious!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a baking sheet and preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter in the boiling water.
- Add flour, cocoa, sugar and salt while stirring vigorously.
- Cook until mixture forms a ball that won't separate.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Drop about 1/4 cup batter for each puff on a greased baking sheet and space puffs about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in top of a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and jam until smooth.
- Beat in melted chocolate then stir in whipped topping.
- When puffs have been removed from oven, allow them to cool for a few minutes, then split them in half and remove any soft dough inside.
- Cool completely then fill with cream cheese mixture.