Choux Puffs With Toffee Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- To make the choux pastry, melt the butter and water in a saucepan.
- Bring it to the boil.
- When bubbling, remove from the heat and immediately add the flour in one go.
- Beat with a wooden spoon.
- Return to a moderate heat and beat until the paste comes away from the sides of the pan.
- Leave to cool slightly.
- Fit the kneading attachment.
- Add the paste.
- Process on speed 2 for 1 minute.
- With the machine still running add the eggs one at a time through the feed tube.
- Process for another 1 minute.
- Using a teaspoon place walnut size spoonfuls of mixture on a greased baking tray.
- Allow a little space between each spoonful as they will swell during cooking.
- Bake in batches in a preheated oven at 220°C/425°F, gas mark 7 for about 20-25 minutes or until well puffed and golden brown.
- Lift onto a wire rack and make a small hole in the base to release any steam.
- Leave to cool.
- Fit the emulsifier attachment.
- Whip the cream and sugar on speed 1 for about 20 - 25 seconds.
- Stop the machine frequently and check the consistency to avoid over whipping.
- Fill the cooled choux puffs with the whipped cream.
- Leave preparing the rich, creamy toffee sauce to the last minute so that it can be served warm.
- Melt the toffees over a low heat stirring all the time. When half melted, add the double cream and keep mixing until all the toffees have melted.
- Pour the warm sauce over the choux puffs and sprinkle over the toasted flaked almonds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!