Banana Dumplings with Toffee Sauce
photo by superblondieno2
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 30 g butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup milk (approx)
- 2 cups water
- 30 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Rub in butter.
- Stir in sugar, banana, and enough milk to form a sticky dough.
- To make the sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat, without boiling until the sugar has dissolved.
- When it has dissolved bring to the boil, without stirring and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Drop tablespoons of dough mixture into the simmering sauce and simmer them, covered, for 15 minutes or until they are cooked.
- Serve the dumpling with the toffee sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have a recipe for golden syrup dumplings on Zaar, but I don't think I'll make it again after tasting these dale!! I halved the cinnamon, and 1 banana didn't look enough, 2 was too much, but that's what I used, and then used less milk. The dumplings were moist and really tasted of banana and the toffee sauce was great, and plenty of it.
We made this for dessert tonight and had 2 dumplings each. The rest of the mix is there & I may just have another :) The dumplings tasted a little floury, so next time we have a banana-cakey-pudding-kinda-craving we may just, like Jan, put the rest of that 2nd banana in for good measure. Thanks for sharing, dale! :)
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a passion for healthy and simple dishes with lots of vegetables, although I love a treat every now and again also, especially ice cream!