Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Rich and delicious this dessert is easy and will easily impress. It takes time to make since you have to do layer by layer. But it is well worth the wait!
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (520 g) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese (soft)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups whipped topping
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 (180 g) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons chocolate curls (decoration)
- In a bowl, cut the butter into the cake mix until crumbly. Add egg and mix in with fork or wooden spoon. Press into a 13x9x2 greased pan. Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes. Cool Completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread over baked crust. Refrigerate.
- Whisk together the milk and pudding and spread over cream cheese. Let the pudding set for a while in the fridge and cover it with the left over whipped topping. Decorate with the chocolate curls.
This recipie is amazing! i made it for a dinner party and everyone loved it!! my hips do not like it so much but man it was amazing!!!! Definetly a keeper!
My thighs hate you for turning me on to this! Delicious! Very rich. I put a little more whipped cream in with the cream cheese after a taste test. I also threw some toffee bits in with the cream cheese layer & sprinkled on the top layer. This one's a keeper.