Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
Brings back fond memories of eating chocolate covered strawberries with my mom, but in cookie form!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried strawberries, chopped
- In one bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl, cream the butter with the sugars, vanilla and eggs.
- Slowly combine the flour mxture with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chips and strawberries.
- Refrigerate for an hour, or until dough is firm.
- Roll into one inch balls and place on greased, parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 13 minutes.
These are REALLY good! I picked the recipe but when I got down to actually making them, I was surprised that Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies weren't a chocolate cookie. I didn't want to be too disobedient to the recipe since I had tagged it for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #14, so I only made half of them cocoa cookies. They are really good both ways. (If you want to cocoa the whole batch, do 1 3/4 cups flour and 1/2 cup cocoa.) Also, because I recognized the recipe as a jazzed-up Toll House cookie, I just treated them as a drop cookie and put them straight onto an ungreased pan, cooked them at 375F for about 10 minutes. Delicious! I can't wait to share them.