Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
Brings back fond memories of eating chocolate covered strawberries with my mom, but in cookie form!
Make and share this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried strawberries, chopped
- In one bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl, cream the butter with the sugars, vanilla and eggs.
- Slowly combine the flour mxture with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chips and strawberries.
- Refrigerate for an hour, or until dough is firm.
- Roll into one inch balls and place on greased, parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 13 minutes.
These are REALLY good! I picked the recipe but when I got down to actually making them, I was surprised that Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies weren't a chocolate cookie. I didn't want to be too disobedient to the recipe since I had tagged it for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #14, so I only made half of them cocoa cookies. They are really good both ways. (If you want to cocoa the whole batch, do 1 3/4 cups flour and 1/2 cup cocoa.) Also, because I recognized the recipe as a jazzed-up Toll House cookie, I just treated them as a drop cookie and put them straight onto an ungreased pan, cooked them at 375F for about 10 minutes. Delicious! I can't wait to share them.