Nannie's Marble Cake
photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Cream together the 3/4 pounds of butter and sugar, mix well.
- Add 6 egg yolks, and vanilla and beat well.
- Add grated lemon rind and beat.
- Add flour sifted with 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder.
- Beat 6 egg whites until stiff and fold into the above mixture. Reserve 2 cups of this mixture to make the chocolate mixture.
- In bowl Combine 2 Tablespoons sugar, 3 heaping teaspoons cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 2 heaping tablespoons of sour cream, and 2 cups of the above batter to make the chocolate mixture.
- Grease bundt pan well add white batter then chocolate batter alternately until the pan is over 1/2 full.
- Bake at 325 on lowest rack in the oven for 1 hour until brown.
- When cooled you can frost to your liking or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- We ate it as is and it was wonderful.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Family traditions often make the best recipes and this is a great cake! It has a great aroma, taste and crumb and was very pretty when sliced. I made it and gave it to a friend who had a recent surgery and when I stopped by the next day she and her son had devoured half of it in one evening! (I think the culprit was her bottomless-pit-son). I used a stoneware bundt pan from Pampered Chef so it required additional baking time. I will make this again using a traditional metal bundt because it smelled so good that my family was disappointed that I had given it away. Thanks and all the best to you Karen (kzbhansen)!