Strawberry Chocolate Nutella Pie
photo by Chaneen
- Ready In:
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (chocolate preferred, but plain will do)
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and Nutella with a mixer on medium speed until creamy. Spread mixture evenly in pie crust. Refrigerate.
- Slice and mash about 3/4 cup of the strawberries. In a medium saucepan, mix the mashed berries, granulated sugar, cornstarch and water. Heat over high heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Continue to boil and stir another minute. Remove from heat and cool in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. (For faster prep, skip this step and use pre-made strawberry glaze).
- Meanwhile, slice remaining strawberries. When glaze is cool, pour over sliced berries and toss to combine. Spoon strawberries into the pie pan. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 8 hours. Slice and serve with whipped cream (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!