1) Mix cake mix, 1/3 cup of oil, and eggs together. I use my hands.
2) Slowly add the coconut flakes a little at a time continuing to mix the dough by hand.
3) The dough will be thick and sticky, if it is too thick, you can add one more TBSP of oil.
4) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
5) Roll dough into small balls and drop onto parchment paper.
6) Press the balls down firmly with your hand. If the dough balls are not pressed down, the cookie will not cook properly. They did not spread out evenly on their own.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.
8) Since ovens vary, you may want to keep an eye on your first batch. The cookies should cook to a light golden color.
9) Place cookies on a cooling rack immediately once they are cooked and allow them to cool for about ten minutes.
10) Once the cookies have cooled, melt one of the German's Sweet Chocolate bars by breaking it in half and microwaving it for 60 seconds and then stiring it with a spoon to get it smooth.
11) Dip the top portion of the cookie into the chocolate and place the cookie on wax paper to allow the chocolate to dry.
12) One chocolate bar should cover about 12 small cookies really well.
13) I made 36 small size cookies or 24 medium cookies, but you could adjust for size if you like.
14) If the chocolate is not getting hard you can place the cookies in the fridge, or even in the freezer for just a few minutes.
15) Please rate and review this recipe if you make it. Even if you don't like it or made changes. I would love the feedback and keep hearing about people who are making this recipe, but no one is rating it. I would love to hear from you!