Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Start with a packaged cake mix and create a fabulous looking cake! I bought a box of old Quick Cooking magazines at a flea market and am posting the recipes I want to keep as I go through them. This one looks so good!
- 517.37 g package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 314.66 ml water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 18 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 9.85 ml milk
- 473.18 ml heavy whipping cream
- 177.44 ml confectioners' sugar
- additional cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (to garnish) or colored candy sprinkles (to garnish)
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; stir in crushed cookies.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 33-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Beat in cream until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake.
- Garnish with additional cookies.
- Refrigerate leftovers.