Recipe by Irish Rose
A rich chocolate dessert with sauce on the bottom. Great served warm with ice cream on top.
Top Review by Mary K. W.
Really great chocolate dessert. I've made one very similar that is on the Hershey's site and this is certainly comparable in ease of preparation and taste. I did omit the pecans (personal preference) and only cooked it 40 minutes which was plenty at least for my oven. Great recipe, Irish Rose.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, sugar and cocoa in a 9" pan.
- Stir in milk, vanilla, melted butter and pecans. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- For the topping, mix the additional sugars and cocoa and sprinkle over batter. Then pour water over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.