Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the mini cookbook A Chocolate Christmas.given to me by a dear friend. A nice assortment of ingredients for a cute tasty cookie.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sugar (in which to roll cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and mix.
- Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture, blend well.
- Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Slightly flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
A very sweet and light cookie with a bit of chewiness from the coconut. They are even better when cooled. Thanks HokiesMom for a great cookie!