Chocolate Chip Lentil Cookies
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 8 (1 g) packets xylitol sugar substitute or (1 g) packets sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup cooked lentils, pureed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip (ideally bittersweet)
- 1⁄2 cup regular chocolate chips (ideally bittersweet)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line baking sheets with parchment or SilPat.
- Cream together the shortening, coconut oil, sugar and xylitol.
- Add the egg replacer, vanilla and lentil puree, beating in thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients (except chips) and mix to combine - do not beat, but there should be no visible flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of dough 1-2” apart.
- Bake 9-10 minutes. Cool on the sheet.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"