1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chip Scones
Although not a traditional combination, chocolate chips scones are big sellers at the bakery counter. I serve them with a baked omlette for brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425. Grease 9" glass pie pan.
- 2In large bowl combine first 4 ingredients.
- 3Using a pastry blender, cut shortening into mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Add milk, egg, vanilla and chocolate chips to mixture lightly with a fork until forms a soft dough.
- 5Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and pat into a 9 inch circle. Don't overwork the dough. Cut into 8 wedges.
- 6Place wedges into pie pan.
- 7Sprinkle tops with additional sugar.
- 8Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Scones
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.4
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 254.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g