Chocolate Chip Toffee Scones
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate-covered English toffee bits
- 2 cups cold whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven 375,& lightly butter 2 heavy large baking sheets.
- In large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and toffee.
- Beat cream in separate large bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into dry ingredients.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead gently until a soft dough forms.
- Place wedges on baking sheets, spaced apart.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is simply an outstanding scone recipe. I've tried making scones once before without success, and I admit that I was skeptical of how well these would turn out as I mixed the whipped cream into the dry goods, but these sure delivered! I used 1/2c chocolate chips and 1c toffee bits and then drizzled the cooled scones with 1/4c melted chocolate chips wisked with 1tbs milk for a final touch; these were a real crowd pleaser!