Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies
photo by PCrocker
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
4 1/2 dozen
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together; set aside.
- Place butter and brown sugar in bowl of electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and Kahlua and beat until well combined.
- Scrape down sides of bowl again.
- Add flour mixture to mixer bowl and stir on low speed just until combined.
- Add walnuts, toffee bits, and chocolate chips and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoons onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until very lightly brown (don't overcook).
- Remove cookies from oven and cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in Newfoundland, Canada. I grew up watching my grandmother bake bread and knit. <br>I now live in a friendly little town on the coast of North Carolina. I love to bake, especially bread and desserts. I also love to knit, especially socks, just like my grandmother. I am the co-owner of a yarn shop in our little town. When I'm not working in the shop I am usually at home in the kitchen!