Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on a oatmeal can. I've changed it a little to my family's liking. The cookies turn out soft with just the right taste.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (you can add a little more if you like cinnamon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (if you used salted butter then you don't need to add the salt)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs until well combined.
- Add oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix on low speed until blended.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until blended.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons 1 1/2 inches apart onto GREASED baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-13 minuets, or until golden brown (they take 11 minutes in my convection oven). Let them cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing them.
Great cookies! The hint of cinnamon is perfect! Thank you!
Fantastic cookies! I was half a cup short of oatmeal so I used whole wheat flour and they turned out terrific! Thanks for a great treat! This made just under 40 cookies for me.
These cookies turned out really well. I used one extra-large egg instead of two large eggs. I added butterscotch chips, which are always a treat in oatmeal cookies, instead of chocolate. I left out the cinnamon. I liked the extra vanilla and using only brown sugar. I did not get anywhere near 45 cookies, but we ate them so fast it was hard to keep track! I'll make them again with chocolate chips. Thanks, toucan