Make and share this Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease twelve muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Now bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to wire rack.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from tins to finish cooling.
- Serve warm or completely cool.
- These muffins freeze well.
Yummy, yummy, yummy! Just made these and ate one right out of the oven. They are superb! Very chocolatey - in fact, if you had only a half package of chocolate chips, it would still work. The batter is buttery and delicate yet dense enough to hold the chocolate chips without letting them all fall to the bottom of the muffin. I used my regular size muffin tin and filled the cups about 2/3 full and the recipe made 18 muffins. I sprayed the muffin cups with Pam and the baked muffins just fell out - no sticking! I didn't have any nuts so I omitted them and boy are these good! Thanks for the great recipe Charishma! I'm posting a picture, too.
These were amazing! I did use only half the chocolate, but they were still the perfect chocolate-y! I also only put em in for 12 minutes, and they were PERFECT. Very moist and golden brown!
I LOVE this recipe. I did use buttermilk instead of milk, increased the vanilla to 2 tsp and added 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil. I read ALL of the other reviews and noticed that many said these were dry. I think that may be due to the high heat - so I reduced the heat to 350 degrees and just made mini muffins (36 total) and baked them for just 10 minutes - I also topped them before - and again after- the oven with a sugar/cinnamon mixture - they came out moist and perfectly done! Thanks for the recipe Charishma!