Oh so Yummy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
I found this on the Domino Sugar brand website. Boy what a great muffin recipe. I looked on this site and most did not use this amount of peanut butter. I think you could exchange the creamy peanut butter for crunchy but I end up using chopped roasted peanuts too so that is accounted for in this recipe. If you want to skip that step then just use crunchy peanut butter. They suggested a glaze of chocolate icing but I find that is too sweet and we like these as more of a snack and not a dessert. Hope you enjoy.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease 12 large muffin cups (16 medium size) or line with paper baking cups; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugar. Add eggs. Then gradually add milk and combine well.
- Add dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture and mix with a spoon until dry ingredients are moistened. Add chopped peanuts and chocolate chips and mix with a spoon. Mixture will be stiff. If you find it too stiff then add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to the batter. It is not to be runny though.
- Spoon batter into each muffin cup, filling cup. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove; cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Bad recipe. The recipe's fat and liquid is totally out of proportion. It'll make your muffin to dry and taste like a bad cookie. I think you need to at least double the milk quantity, maybe cut down the butter. I personally find it needs more sugar too, thus, the reviewer who uses nutella or add choc chips find that a nice substitute because the current batter is under sweetened.Reply
I'm a huge peanut butter and chocolate fan Made these without the nuts and half the amount of peanut butter and baked for about 25-30minutes. They cooked about 3/4 through which for most would not enjoy, but I liked the fluffy texture. They are delicious, maybe a little bit more flour (half a cup more) Other than that, quite happy with the muffinsReply
I love trying new muffin recipes but was very disappointed in this one. What a waste of time and money spent on the ingredients! The batter was the texture of cookie dough and the centers of each muffin fell after they were out of the oven a few minutes. I'm wondering if there should have been baking powder added as well, this is the first muffin recipe I've seen without it. Never again, Zero Stars :(Reply