I got this recipe from April 2007 Cooking Light magazine. It was a category finalist (desserts) and was submitted by Anna Ginsberg of Austin, TX. It produces a very light bundt cake infused with Irish cream, and it isn't as fattening as many cakes out there!
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet Hershey's Chipits- small chocolate chip
- 1 teaspoon cake flour
- 2 3⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup irish cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon cake flour in a small bowl, toss. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon 2 3/4 cups cake flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place Cream cheese and butter in large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed to blend. Add sugars and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low, add flour mixture and liqueur alternatively to sugar mixture beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition. Fold chocolate chips. POur batter in a 12 cup bundt pan coated with baking spray.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comers out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire eack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over cake.