Recipe by Scarlett516
From Taste of Home. I haven't tried it, so cooking time is approximate.
Top Review by 5hungrykids
I made this for an after-school snack and my kids loved it! I've made dutch babies before so I was a little leary about using only a 9 inch pie dish, but it worked beautifully. This did not need any syrup or additional butter; it was sweet enough on its own. I also did not put the pie dish in the oven to melt the butter, but instead put it in the microwave and melted the butter there, just for timing reasons. I also did not have half-and-half cream but used milk (skim) instead. This recipe will come in handy when I need a sweet fast snack/dessert. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- maple syrup, and (optional)
- additional butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small brown bowl, combine chocolate chips and brown sugar; set aside in a small mixing bowl, beat the flour, eggs, cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Place butter in a 9 inch pie plate. Heat at 425°F for 4-6 minutes or until melted. Pour batter into hot pie plate. Sprinkle with chocolate chip mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top edges are golden brown. Serve immediately with syrup and butter if desired.