Apple Honey Dutch Baby
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, eggs and milk until smooth.
- Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet.
- Heat at 400° for 3-4 minutes or until melted; tilt pan to coat bottom and sides.
- Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute apples in butter until lightly browned. Stir in honey, lemon juice and cardamom.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wow there should be more stars to put here for this o so yummy dish. It even works with GFCF Flour. My kids gobble it down and my son usually wont eat any fruit but he ate those apples. I did change one thing, in place of the ground cardamom I used Cinnamon. I didn't have cardamom on hand as I was on vacation visiting relatives. This I supper yummy and the kids give it 20 stars!!! Never has there ever been any leftovers. Thanks a million for your recipe!!!