Recipe by Kim D.
This is the chocolate chip cookie recipe I've been using ever since I was given the recipe by a friend at work, who is an excellent baker! My kids love these cookies and request that I make them often!
Top Review by ShaGun
The cookies turned out nicely in shape and maintained a soft center. The shortening lent to this not having as much flavor as I'm used to getting with butter. I'd recommend using butter flavored shortening.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together shortening and butter.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2-inches apart, onto baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Do not over bake!
- Cool slightly before removing to wire cooling rack.
- To keep cookies soft, store in an airtight container with a slice of bread!