If you want to have ready-to-bake cookies, you can drop teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto a baking sheet covered with wax paper or parchment paper and place in the freezer until the dough is firm. Then, place frozen cookie dough in a plastic bag and keep frozen until ready to bake. Drop oven temperature to 350 degrees when baking, and expect the cookies to take a little longer to bake than normal.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place baking rack in middle of oven.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a seperate bowl cream the margarine and butter flavored shortening.
- Add the sugars and beat until creamy.
- Add the eggs to incorporate.
- Add the corn syrup, water and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Gradually blend in the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips; make sure they are evenly distributed.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart and bake until the cookies are slightly underdone, between 10-12 minutes (maybe longer, depending on your oven's calibration).
- The centers should be just set and a light golden brown. They will continue to cook, from the heat in the cookie sheet, after they are removed from the oven.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing to cooling racks until they are completely cooled. Enjoy!