Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are so nice, kids love them, and the adults fight over them.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Blondies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together and set aside flour, soda, salt and baking powder.
- Blend together shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Add oats, vanilla and chocolate chips mix well.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9x13 metal pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes.
- These cookies should be very light in color when baked, be careful not to over-bake.
- Cool and cut into brownie size squares.
Wonderful! Quick to make and everyone loved them. Used butter rather than margarine. Will make again and again, a great lunchbox or after school treat. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
These were absolutely delicious. To me, they seemed more like bar cookies than brownies/blondies (possibly due to the oats and chocolate chips)- in fact, next time I make them, I think I'll try making them in cookie form!
I loved that these have oatmeal in them. I used old fashioned oats as I didn't have the instant. They were nice and chewy - buttery tasting too. I love making blondies when I don't have the time to do individual cookies. This will stay in on my list of 'make again' recipes. Thanks, Pam