Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is just like an banana chocolate chip muffin but its a pancake! You can add all the chocolate chips into the batter instead of using some to garnish. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed (2 small)
- 1 egg, lighty beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- After mixing well stir in milk, banana, egg and vanilla.
- Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Heat a griddle, sprayed with oil on medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle making 3 inch rounds.
- Cook about two minutes or until tops are bubbly. Flip pancake and cook for another minute or until golden.
- Prepare remaining pancake batter as directed adding more spray if needed.
- Place on individual plates and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
These were so yummy! I substituted 2 cups of Bisquick for the first 3 ingredients and they came out awesome (everything else was the same - except I added a bunch more chips!)!! They combo of banana and chocolate was delicious and everyone loved them! Thanks!
Excellent and a great way to use up ripe bananas! The serving size of 4 is very generous...we made it for four and still had 3 leftover pancakes to freeze (i'm not complaining about that ;) ). This got rave reviews from everyone in the family, including the picky toddler. I used half white and half whole wheat flour, but otherwise didn't change a thing. These were hearty, but still light and fluffy, and they weren't too sweet. Will definitely make again!
I'm surprised how many calories were in these pancakes because they definitely weren't that sweet. I liked the unique flavor, but unfortunately the kids didn't like them. Thanks for sharing!