Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is just like an banana chocolate chip muffin but its a pancake! You can add all the chocolate chips into the batter instead of using some to garnish. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed (2 small)
- 1 egg, lighty beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- After mixing well stir in milk, banana, egg and vanilla.
- Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Heat a griddle, sprayed with oil on medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle making 3 inch rounds.
- Cook about two minutes or until tops are bubbly. Flip pancake and cook for another minute or until golden.
- Prepare remaining pancake batter as directed adding more spray if needed.
- Place on individual plates and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
These were so yummy! I substituted 2 cups of Bisquick for the first 3 ingredients and they came out awesome (everything else was the same - except I added a bunch more chips!)!! They combo of banana and chocolate was delicious and everyone loved them! Thanks!
Made these today , and they were great !! The hubby and kids liked them a lot , and were easy to make :)
Excellent and a great way to use up ripe bananas! The serving size of 4 is very generous...we made it for four and still had 3 leftover pancakes to freeze (i'm not complaining about that ;) ). This got rave reviews from everyone in the family, including the picky toddler. I used half white and half whole wheat flour, but otherwise didn't change a thing. These were hearty, but still light and fluffy, and they weren't too sweet. Will definitely make again!