Joanna's Banana Pancakes
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 banana, ripe, mashed
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a second bowl combine eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Spoon mashed banana into a 2 cup capacity liquid measuring cup.
- Pour in enough buttermilk to equal 2 cups of liquid.
- Add the banana and buttermilk mixture to the egg mixture; mix well.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients; stir until the flour mixture is just moistenend (do not over-stir).
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly grease the skillet with cooking spray.
- Pour batter in 4-inch circles onto the hot griddle.
- Cook each side to golden brown.
- Repeat until all of the batter is used, using additional cooking spray as necessary.
- Serve with butter and your favorite syrup.
- Leftovers can be frozen and reheated in the microwave.
- Note: For fun you can add sliced banana or sprinkle chocolate chips or blue berries into the batter after you pour it onto the griddle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fantastic. Perfectly light and fluffy pannie w/the great taste of banana coming through nicely. I sifted the ingredients as indicated and used real buttermilk which resulted in a real filling pannie that DH only needed 3 to get his fill. I used a 1/3 cup measurer which made them quite large. <br/>Thanks for this great keeper Ace.<br/>Made for Recipetag in KK's forum~
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been a member since 2001.