Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My hubby couldn't believe he actually liked these. He usually won't eat banana muffins. His comment, " WOW, these are surprisingly gooood"
- 6 large overly ripe bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- In kitchenaid mixer or other mixing bowl, cream the bananas, sugar,eggs, butter & vanilla until mixed well.
- Stir in flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- To make topping, in another bowl mix together brown sugar, flour, butter and nuts until uniform.
- Fill muffin cup with 1 ice cream scoop of batter. ( muffin cups should be little more than 3/4 full).
- Place one tablespoonful of topping in center on top of batter in muffin cups and allow to fall as it does.
- Bake muffins at 375° for 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan before removing to finish cooling.
wonderful. 10y/o son cant get enough and hubby too. easy easy also but i half the recipe. 12 big muffins at a time for our little family is enough