Prep 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
From Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1 cup red and green candy covered plain chocolate candies (red and green M&Ms)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Beat in the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in hot coffee.
- Fold in chocolate pieces and pine nuts.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 8-11 minutes or until set.
- Let cool slightly on the cookie sheet; then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.