Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home
- 1 (12 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate cookie pie crust
- 6 chocolate-covered cherries
- Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 2 teaspoons juice. Cut cherries into quarters; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and reserved cherry juice. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and reserved cherries.
- Pour into crust (crust will be full). Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with chocolate-covered cherries.
WOW!! This was a really good dessert!! I made it today and it was a big hit. Really tasty! I did make one modification, I put a chocolate ganache type topping on it. It is a definite "make again" recipe! thanks for sharing.