Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Moist and so rich! Frost and fill with chocolate whipped cream.
Chocolate Cherry Cake
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 1 1⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- milk chocolate kiss
Chocolate whipped cream
- 1⁄4 cup Quik chocolate milk mix
- 1⁄4 confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream, whip until stiff
- Preheat oven to 350F Combine flour and cocoa.
- Grease 2 9 cake pans and dust with mixture.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Set aside Drain and chop cherries Keep juice.
- Set both aside.
- Cream butter and then gradually add sugar.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, chocolate, milk and cherry juice.
- Beat until smooth.
- Blend in flour mixture and stir.
- Add cherries and stir.
- Bake 25-30 minutes Remove from oven and let set for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on racks Split cakes in two.
- Layer and frost w/ chocolate whipped cream.