1/2 Photos of Chocolate-Cherry Bread Pudding
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Caryn Dalton's Note:
This recipe is from Southern Living's ultimate chocolate recipe booklet. Every now and then, when I'm in the middle of a choc-o-tack, I make something out of this book. Once, I made this bread pudding (more of a bread)and it was sooo good but alas, gone so quickly. It's very moist and I like it with a little whipped cream and a maraschino cherry on top! The Southern Living booklet said that this dessert got their highest rating due to the juicy cherries and triple chocolate flavor. MmmMMMMMmmmm.......
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups chocolate milk (can make your own with preferred amount of chocolate)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 6 cups cubed French bread (the size of dice)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel (6 oz)
- sweetened whipped cream
- 1Drain the jar of cherries but reserve 1 TB of the cherry juice. Chop the cherries coarsely. The first time I made this I used a food processor and got them too fine. More chunky is definately better.
- 2In a large bowl, combine 1 TB of cherry juice, eggs and next 4 ingredients and stir will.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Add the bread cubes and let stand for 15 minutes on the counter, stirring occasionally. After 15 minutes, stir in the chocolate chips and cherries.
- 5Spoon this mixture into a greased 9 inch square pan (I used a bread pan with good results) and bake, uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- 6Garnish, if you want to, with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
- 7Cook time includes 15 minutes soaking time for french bread cubes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Cherry Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.2
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 621.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 45.7 g
- Protein 13.5 g