Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These take a little bit of time, but they are HEAVENLY!!!!
Make and share this Chocolate Caramel Pecan Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 325Â°F.
- Grease a 9-inch square pan.
- In medium bowl, combine 1/2 c powdered sugar, 1/2 c butter and 1 tablespoon whipping cream.
- Blend well.
- Lightly spoon the flour into measuring cup and level off.
- Add the flour to the powdered sugar mixture and mix until crumbly.
- With floured hands, press evenly in the greased pan.
- Bake at 325Â° for 15-20 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine caramels and 1/3 cup whipping cream.
- Cook over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add pecans, stirring well to coat.
- Immediately spoon over the baked crust (spread carefully to cover).
- Over low heat, in a small saucepan, melt 1 teaspoon butter and chocolate chips, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons whipping cream and drizzle over the filling.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until the filling is firm.
- Cut into bars.
These were so gooood! Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will be making this again and again.
Oh Merlot these really are heavenly! They were on my 'to make ' list for one long time - what ever took me so long to buy those caramels! These were a hit on my serving tray - those that got past the 'taste test' that is! Thank you Merlot for another of your recipes we all loved.
This was very good and very rick. The carmel mixture was a bit runny, and when not cold tended to drip. Next time I would go easier on the cream. I also think I would add more pecans.