Prep 0 mins
Cook 23 mins
What a fantastic dessert cookie to be served after dinner. Can be easily frozen and brought out for those unexpected guests over the Holiday Season!!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups chips milk chocolate chips (2 packages)
- 1 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 17x11 baking sheet and line with parchment paper overlapping the two ends for easy removal.
- COOKIE: Beat butter, sugars, vanilla and water until smooth. Add remainin 3 ingredients and beat until mixture is combined.
- Spread dough to cover prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- TOPPING: Meanwhile, over medium heat bring butter and brown sugar to a boil. Stir to combine. Spread mixture over partially baked cookie dough. Return to oven and bake an additional 8 minutes until caramel is bubbling.
- Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over hot caramel. Wait 5 minutes and spread melted chocolate over cookie, if using nuts, sprinkle over chocolate.
- Cool in refrigerator until chocolate is set. Once at room temperature, break or cut slab into irregular pieces or into your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
These are addicting!! When I found this recipe, I knew I'd have to make it immediately. This is a total keeper. I love homemade caramel and your easy 2 ingredient recipe is fabulous. Thank you mariajane!
So yummy. I definitely prefer w/ the toasted almonds, but my husband likes it w/o. (I did half and half). Was a huge hit. My son wouldn't stay out of them. If you love english toffee you'll love this.