Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cake can be mixed in the container it is going to be baked in for example a roasting pan or a round deep cake tin. There is no need to grease it. This makes a lovely moist chocolate cake and a good size too perfect as a birthday cake.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa (can use less)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups water
- Mix dry ingredients throughly.
- Add liquids and mix well with a fork.
- Bake at 180 Celcius for 1 1/4 hours. or until cooked when tested with a knife.
- The cake can be iced or left plain.
- It makes a nice dessert with cream or custard.
making this cake is as easy as 1-2-3. I tried this recipe when there's no butter left in my kitchen. I put some additional ingredients:
1) 1/2 teaspoon of grated cinnamon
2) Lime Zests
3) 1 Lime Juice
4) 4 bars of unsweetened Hershey's cooking chocolate
5) Some chocolate chips
And the result was marvelous! It turns out to be very moist & yummiest chocolate cake I had ever made ^^,
Make this no-hassle cake! Simple ingredients and you only need a fork to mix it together.
This cake come out nice and moist. I added 1 serving of unsweetened applesauce and reduced the amount of water. This cake is fast and easy to make; I will definitely keep this recipe.
We really liked this cake. I made one change. I used vanilla yogurt in place of the oil. It was a very dense moist cake that was extremely easy to make. Will definitely be making this again and again!