1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cake Dripping With Chocolate Sauce
I made this today and was thrilled with the result. The sauce also goes well with vanilla ice-cream. This is the only sponge recipe I've tried that actually rises.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces butter, completely melted
- 8 ounces caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces self-raising flour
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1Cream the butter and caster sugar until white and fluffy.
- 2Beat each egg individually into the mix.
- 3Stir in the vanilla extract.
- 4Sieve the flour and cocoa powder together and fold in gently.
- 5Line two 9" cake tins with greaseproof paper and evenly pour the mixture into both.
- 6Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5/190°C/375°F and cook for 25 minutes.
- 7Turn the tins after 15 minutes so that the cakes rise evenly.
- 8Cool on a wire rack.
- 9For the sauce mix the boiling water and cocoa powder together in a saucepan.
- 10Add the golden syrup and icing sugar.
- 11Bring to the boil stirring so as not to burn the sugar.
- 12Allow to cool, it will thicken as it cools.
- 13Cover one cake sandwich with the strawberry jam and place the other on top.
- 14Cover with the chocolate sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cake Dripping With Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4196.1
- Calories from Fat 1924
- Total Fat 213.8 g
- Saturated Fat 128.3 g
- Cholesterol 1231.6 mg
- Sodium 4170.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 558.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.5 g
- Sugars 328.6 g
- Protein 57.1 g