Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
For this recipe I've used any number of brownie mixes, but have found that one of the best is Ghirardelli Chocolate 'Triple Chocolate Brownies' mix. Their big 6-lb 4-oz box comes with 5 pouches of mix. Sometimes instead of the extra cup of chocolate chips, I will dice up & add 8-10 chocolate-orange sticks!! The brownies from this recipe are very moist & very richly delicious!
- 158.51 ml water
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 (1133.98 g) envelope brownie mix, see description above
- 236.59 ml dark chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml dark raisin
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 13"x9" glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, blend water, oil & eggs, then add brownie mix, chocolate chips [& nuts, if desired]. Stir until moistened.
- Pour into prepared baking dish & spread evenly.
- Bake 50 minutes. Do not overbake. Brownies will appear underbaked but will cool to doneness.
- Cool completely before cutting with a plastic knife. Store in a tightly covered container.
These are fantastic! I found the large 6 pound box of Ghirardelli Brownie mix at Costco. I didn't have walnuts so I used slivered almonds, which I toasted. The chocolate, almonds,and raisins together, tasted like a Cadbury Fruit and Nut chocolate bar which happens to be one of my favorites. A keeper for sure! Thanks for sharing!
Yum! Easy to make, great taste. Before I found this recipe, I didn't know that Ghirardelli made a brownie mix. My store didn't carry the triple chocolate, but I did use their double chocolate and it's really good. I think their walnut brownie mix would also be good in this too for those of us who like lots of nuts in our brownies. Thanks for sharing.
Great recipe! Family gobbled them up. Also took advice no to over cook. Came out great. thank for posting