Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve this moist and delicious chocolate brioche bread pudding warm, drizzled with the exquisite warm vanilla sauce. Lovely for brunch with mimosas and a cup of my French Vanilla Cafe au Lait French Vanilla Cafe Au Lait. Heaven!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 -8 thick slices brioche bread, crusts removed (or other good white bread such as challah)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
Warm Vanilla Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon (optional)
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split and scraped (or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees .
- Melt 1/2 stick butter in a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish.
- Cut brioche bread into 2-inch cubes, and press into the buttered dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all other ingredients (except chocolate chips), stirring to combine well, and pour evenly over the cubed Brioche.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake the pudding for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Warm Vanilla Sauce:.
- Meanwhile, place all vanilla sauce ingredients in sauce pan.
- Heat gently and stir often. Don't overcook, only about 5 minutes. Remove vanilla pod just before serving.
- Scoop bread pudding into twelve individual serving dishes, drizzle 2 spoonfuls of warm vanilla sauce over top of each serving. Heaven!