1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 -8 thick slices brioche bread, crusts removed (or other good white bread such as challah)
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
Warm Vanilla Sauce Ingredients
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F degrees .
- 2Melt 1/2 stick butter in a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish.
- 3Cut brioche bread into 2-inch cubes, and press into the buttered dish.
- 4In a medium bowl, stir together all other ingredients (except chocolate chips), stirring to combine well, and pour evenly over the cubed Brioche.
- 5Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- 6Bake the pudding for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 7Warm Vanilla Sauce:.
- 8Meanwhile, place all vanilla sauce ingredients in sauce pan.
- 9Heat gently and stir often. Don't overcook, only about 5 minutes. Remove vanilla pod just before serving.
- 10Scoop bread pudding into twelve individual serving dishes, drizzle 2 spoonfuls of warm vanilla sauce over top of each serving. Heaven!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Brioche Bread Pudding With Warm Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.8
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 131.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: