Chocolate Orange Brioche Bread Pudding
photo by vdelcarpio
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 brioche bread, loaf
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups homogenized milk
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (500 g) package pc dark chocolate with candied orange peel, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons piece pure orange marmalade
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread brioche in single layer on parchment paper-lined large baking sheet. Bake, stirring once, until golden; about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, orange zest, orange juice, liqueur, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in large bowl until well combined.
- Spread a third of the brioche in bottom of a 9-cup (2.25 litre) casserole dish and sprinkle with a third of the chocolate. Repeat layers twice with remaining brioche and chocolate. Pour egg mixture over top, gently pressing down on brioche mixture to moisten.
- Cover with foil; bake 35 minutes. Uncover, bake until puffed, golden brown and set in centre, about 30 to 35 minutes, covering with foil if top begins to overbrown.
- Stir together marmalade and water in small bowl; brush on bread pudding. Let cool 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!