Recipe by Chef Kate
A very light taco or crepe good for breakfast or for dessert. Cooking time includes two hours for the batter to 'stand.'
Top Review by ladypit
We loved these! I used my regular flour, which is white wheat but it made it much too thick so I had to add a decent amount of skim milk. I also don't have a crepe pan so mine were not beautiful but they sure were tasty. I served them with Recipe#242479 which I would highly recommend!
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add all liquid ingredients and stir until batter is smooth & creamy.
- Let batter rest in the refrigerator until the air is settled, about 2 hours.
- When ready to prepare crepes, heat crepe pan over medium heat & pour a small amount of the batter into the hot pan. Rotate the pan until the batter is cooked through & then turn to cook the other side.
- When done remove from pan & let cook on a rack.
- Store until ready to serve.
- May be made 1-2 days in advance.
- Fill with seasonal fresh fruit, sorbet & garnish with flowers from the garden.