Recipe by KathyP53
Great for the holidays, or a Kentucky Derby Party!
Top Review by Chuck_Roast
These are fantastic! The bourbon just shines through.... These were a big hit at a family party. I doubled the recipe(which is just shy of a full box of nilla wafers), and supplemented some graham cracker crumbs to make up the remaining crushed cookies. I rolled these in either confectioner sugar, coconut flakes, or finely chopped pecans.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup finely crushed pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on half power for one minute. Stir, and continue microwaving on half power, check every 30 seconds, until completely melted (approx. 2-3 minutes). Stir in corn syrup and bourbon.
- In large bowl, mix together crushed vanilla wafers, confectioners' sugar, and chopped nuts. Blend in chocolate mixture until all dry ingredients have been well moistened. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Form 1" balls and roll in granulated sugar to coat.
- Store in covererd container at room temperature.