Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A recipe I tried and was very good. It's from Jean Paré.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, soften
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 big egg
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg while beating. Add milk, cocoa and vanilla and stir.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and add to the first mixture. Add also the nuts if wanted. Stir well.
- Pour the dough with a spoon in a greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven of 375 F for 10 to 12 minutes.
Nice soft texture, and very chocolaty. I used a jumbo egg. I didn't add nuts, but next time I might. I think these would be good dusted with Chocolate Powdered Sugar . Made for Sweet Traditions tag.
I made only 1 dozen just for me. Used Splenda for the sugar 2 Tbsp of egg white, extra dark cocoa and upped the vanilla from 1/4 tsp to a full tsp. End result = soft, rich chocolaty and pretty much guilt free cookies. Whats not to love about that ? :D
It is good and I probably will not make it again not terrific. Handy for when you need a chocolate fix or a quick cookie to make. You probably will always have all the ingredients on hand.