Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are easy to make and everybody appreciates them. Easy enough for older children to make. They are a change from the dark chocolate brownies as they're made using white chocolate. Try to find pink and white marshmallows as this makes them look very attractive.
- 300 g white chocolate
- 75 g butter
- 3 large eggs
- 175 g caster sugar
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 175 g toasted hazelnuts
- 75 g mini marshmallows or 75 g marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm with greaseproof paper.
- Melt 100g of the white chocolate with the butter in a bowl, over a pan of boiling water.
- Allow this mixture to cool a little.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Stir in the rest of the chocolate.
- In another bowl, mix together the sugar and the flour.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts and add them to the flour mixture.
- Next, add the melted chocolate mixture and mix everything together gently.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- Brownies should be well-risen and a light golden colour.
- If using regular sized marshmallows, snip them with scissors into four.
- Scatter the marshmallows on top of the cooked brownies.
- Return the tin to the oven for a further 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin.
- Cut into 16 squares.