Recipe by Charlotte J
A way to help use up my Amaretto.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Delicious! Loved the Amaretto mixed with the chocolate! Since I didn't have an ice cream maker I just froze the mixture in a plastic container. It probably isn't the best looking ice cream but it is definitely tasty. Made for the Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe.
- 4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup amaretto liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine 2 cups of milk, cocoa and corn syrup.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Beat eggs until foamy and gradually beat is sugar.
- Add cocoa mixture.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups of milk, whipping cream and liqueur blending well.
- Chill serval hours or overnight.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.