Pear and Amaretto Ice Cream
The flavors of fresh pear, Amaretto and cinnamon come together beautifully in this perfect treat for a hot day.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 3 cups sliced cored and skinned pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pear juice (or 1 cup water tsp pear essence)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pear, essence
- 6 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto, liqeur
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Mix the pears, lemon juice and pear juice together in a large saucepan. Heat the ingredients slowly over medium heat until they boil. Stir as needed.
- Remove the pear mixture from the stove and pour it into a blender. Blend the pears until smooth. Put the pears in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until cold. Set aside.
- Combine the honey, egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients until blended.
- Warm up 1 cup of heavy cream in a small saucepan until it simmers. Remove the cream from the heat and gradually stir it into the egg yolk and honey mixture.
- Put the batter in a large saucepan and carefully stir the mixture over low heat for about 6 minutes or until it thickens. Do not let the ingredients boil.
- Pour the ingredients into a bowl through a strainer. Stir in the second cup of heavy cream. Chill the batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add the amaretto, and pear mixture to the cold batter. Stir until the ingredients are well-blended.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen (according to the manufacturer's instructions). Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for 4 or 5 hours before serving.
- Serving tip: take it out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes before serving, or longer, so it comes to the right scooping temperature. Sprinkle cinnamon on each serving for a spicier flavor.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION