Amaretto Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 20mins
- Beat eggs and milk together in a large saucepan.
- Add sugar and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 10 minute
- Mixture should smoothly coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cool, then add cream and vanilla. Chill thoroughly.
- Begin soaking cookies in liqueur.
- Pour custard into ice cream maker; begin processing according to manufacturer' s directions.
- About 1/3 of the way through, add the cookies, along with some (not all) of the liqueur and continue processing using up all the crushed cookies and Amaretto.
- When processed, spoon mixture into airtight freezer container and freeze thoroughly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Click to feed animals I'm a retired teacher now living in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston. I have one daughter, 2 granddaughters, and 1 great-grandson(17 yo Dec '11)! I've travelled a bit throughout Europe and the U.S. as well as Honduras and Costa Rica. I think I may have some gypsy ancestors! I love to travel but am not able to anymore. So I do a LOT of reading instead. My current craft passion is knittng but I have dabbled in just about everything. I've done leaded glass work(stained glass), which I love; am working on counted cross stitch; and am willing to try any craft, at least once! I've also worked for a major insurance company as a case analyst. I have 2 cats, Teddy BB 11 .o. on the 19th of Feb, and CiCi who will be 5 years old on Mar 6th. src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/orn.jpg></p>