Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Excellent, Moist, Chocolate Cake - wonderful for Birthdays or other Special Occasions. When my children were little, this used to be the birthday cake of choice. I believe the original recipe actually came off the Duncan Hines Cake Mix Box.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Pillsbury Plus Devils Food cake mix (Duncan Hines preferred)
- 1 pint sour cream (or ()
- 1 (10 ounce) can pie cherries (add this last)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pudding, 4 serving size (instant, chocolate)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1. Please note that you use either the sour cream OR the pie cherries, one or the other, but not both. Also, the pie cherries are just the cherries, not the pie filling type.
- 2. The program at food com would not accept Duncan Hines Brand for some reason, so I had to put Pillsbury in order to publish this recipe. I've only used Duncan Hines Deluxe Devils Food II Cake Mix for this recipe, so can't recommend any others for lack of experience with anything else.
- 3. Combine all ingredients listed in a bowl, except for the (pie cherries --OR-- sour cream), and the chocolate chips. Mix with electric mixer for two minutes until well blended. Then fold in the pie cherries (or sour cream instead of cherries) and chocolate chips and mix until blended.
- 4. Pour in greased Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degree for 50 minutes. This is a very moist cake that I've made for many birthdays. Excellent chocolate cake.