Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was modified from a Rachel Ray recipe and was simple and easy for great taco meat when I didn't have any of the Taco Spice packets in the house! I added a can of beans as we were making burritos, but they aren't needed. Enjoy! (Note: Time does not include time to brown meat)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cooked beef or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cooked pork, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 cup beer
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed (optional)
- Combine chili powder, onion powder, chipotles, garlic, salt, and beer in a small bowl. If you are using beans, use 1 cup beer, less if you are not.
- In a skillet over medium heat, pour the spice mixture over the meat (and beans) and cook until the sauce reaches the consistancy you want--approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas, guacamole, roasted red pepper, tomatoes, salsa, etc.
This is so delicious. I've never used the beans, but I have made this with chicken and ground beef and it is our new favorite taco meat recipe! I've also never eaten at chipotle, so maybe my opinion doesn't count? All I know is this is some good taco meat. And I am hard to please.