Recipe by DailyInspiration
Smoky chipotle chiles flavor the marinade for these shrimp. Serve as an appetizer or main course with sides of avocado salsa. Recipe is from my "Grill It" cookbook. Prep time does not include marinating time for Shrimp.
For the Kebobs
- 2 canned chipotle chilies (packed in adobo sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium to large shrimp
For the Salsa
- 2 large avocados, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 canned chipotle chile, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Process canned chile with the lime juice, orange juice, and olive oil in a food processor, then add the cilantro. Place the shrimp in a dish and pour the marinade over them; toss to coat the shrimp completely. Cover and leave to stand at least 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- To make the salsa, mix the diced avocado with the lime juice. Stir in remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- While the grill is heating, thread the shrimp onto metal skewers, or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes). Place the shrimp on the skewer and separate from one another so they will cook evenly. Cook over medium hot coals for about 2 minutes per side, until the shrimp curl up slightly and are slightly charred on the edges. Serve with the salsa.