- 5 large garlic cloves
- 6 small tomatillos, husked
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 large onion
- 1 -3 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and finely chopped (canned)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Light a grill. Skewer the garlic on a 4-inch bamboo skewer. Grill the garlic, tomatillos, tomatoes and onion over a medium-hot fire for 8 to 10 minutes, turning, until charred softened. Let cool.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the chipotles, adobo sauce, cilantro and sugar and pulse. Season with salt and serve.
- This salsa can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.