Recipe by Manami
These are truly awesome! These burgers are rather fragile, so use a grill pan or a nonstick skillet. The patties should be shaped up to 8 hrs in advance & refrigerated, so the flavors can marry and cook just before serving. We used whole-wheat English muffins but ciabatta rolls or sesame hamburger buns will be fine. Cooking Light Magazine, June 2008 edition. Not accounted for in instructions.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1⁄8 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chile, in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- cooking spray
- 4 English muffins
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE MAYONNAISE:.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill.
- PREPARE BURGERS:.
- Place onions, 1/4 cup cilantro, chile, and juice in a food processor; process until finely chopped.
- Add salt and salmon; pulse 4 times or until salmon is coarsely ground and mixture is well blended.
- Divide salmon mixture into 4 equal portions; shape each portion into a (1-inch-thick) patty.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes. (The longer you wait the better!).
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add patties to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Wipe skillet with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray.
- Place 2 muffins, cut sides down, in pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Repeat procedure with cooking spray and remaining muffins.
- Place 1 muffin bottom on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 lettuce leaf and 1 patty.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over each patty; place 1 muffin top on each serving.